I’ve been doing a very large number of calls at the CISO level lately, for a security product that they need. I’ve been very successful doing something new, asking for, and getting a 15 minute appointment.
15 minutes? Why? Because that’s all the time you need to greet someone, give them an overview, and close. The closes for a 15 minute meeting are
- to get a longer, secondary meeting.
- to get myself in the consideration as one of the important people in this space
- to see if there are any red flags in doing business with this customer, and if you I do business with them, abort the process right there.
- to find out the who’s, when’s and and how’s of any evaluation process.
- to feel out management, and see if I want to work with this account.
Many times, the meeting extends longer than 15 minutes, and that is my first buying signal.